The Clerical-Technical Union of Michigan State University is hiring a full-time financial manager. The position is primarily responsible for overall day-to-day bookkeeping including preparation of payroll, benefits, payment of bills, managing a loan program, overseeing insurance needs and other written correspondence. Being able to manage multiple tasks and projects in an office setting is a must. This position also works with external professional agencies such as an accounting firm, insurance agencies, and investment organizations.
Duties will include the following:
- Maintain general fund account, ledgers, and chart of accounts.
- Responsible for assuring accuracy and timely submission of reports and expenditures. Oversees the maintenance of payroll records and staff employment records like government records, benefit time balances, and payroll requirements.
- Monitor and maintain budgets, prepare reports, enter data, and report to the President and Treasurer as well as the Executive Board and committees.
- Analyze key data on invoices to determine the correct accounting codes.
- Maintain accounting system.
- Prepare and process payroll as well as pay all invoices and per diems.
- Prepare correspondence for donations.
- Maintain, process, and oversee the education loan program including keeping records for repayment, processing of payments, and preparing for default and small claims court proceedings.
- Assist clients as needed by answering phone calls and questions, working with staff members as part of a team, and assisting with occasional off-site meetings and errands.
- Provide assistance to board and staff on project implementation and other projects as assigned.
Qualifications: The Financial Manager should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field of study. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. The successful candidate will have working knowledge in accounting principles, payroll processing, and human resource-related tasks. The candidate must also be proficient with spreadsheets and accounting software and have Excel experience. Ability to handle multiple tasks and be able to problem-solve. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full-time position with flexible hours
- Benefits include a health care package, retirement plans, paid benefit time, paid holidays
Pay is commensurate with experience and education with a minimum of $18.50/hour
Send resumes via email to Deb@ctumsu.org or mail to CTU, 2990 E. Lake Lansing Rd, East Lansing, MI 48823.
Contact CTU at 517-355-1903 if more information is needed.